In Phoenix the weather has finally gotten under 60* so perfect Chili or Soup weather….I came across this recipe and thought well I usually have most of the ingredients on hand & also I could also add extra stuff (veggies and peppers) I loved this recipe…but I had to make some changes I used half and half vs heavy cream it was Super YUMMY and a handful of shredded cheese…I will be making this recipe again in the future and freezing before adding the cream/half and half…
Creamy White Chili- crockpot (yield more liquid soup vs chili)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir chicken, onion, and garlic into the hot oil until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Mix Great Northern beans, chicken broth, green chilies, salt, cumin, oregano, black pepper, and cayenne pepper into chicken mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until flavors have blended, about 30 minutes.
- Remove chili from heat; stir in sour cream and whipping cream until incorporated.
Vegan heavy cream option
1 cup vegan cream cheese —3 tbsp almond milk —-2 tsp of lemon juice
Blend w/ mixer will yield 1 cup of heavy cream